As a business you have a responsibility to train your employees in what to do in the event of a fire under the The Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order 2005’
Complete Fire Solutions Offer a range of Fire training courses that can be tailored to you individual needs. Where these do not exist, suggestions and recommendations can be made and a written procedure put into place as a result of the Marshall course. Our trainer will need your existing procedures minimum of three days prior to the course taking place.
This training course constitutes a Basic or Fire Awareness course which should be completed by all staff and takes approx. 2 hours.
- Fire Safety in the home
- Fire Legislation.
- Fire Action, (general)
- Fire and the Chemistry of Combustion
- Fire Extinguishers and their uses.
- Practical Use of Fire Extinguishers on Live Fires, (if safe to do so).
Fire Warden/ Marshall
The Fire Marshall course will include the content of the awareness course along with the additional content as listed below and will take anywhere between 3 and 4 hours depending on the complexity & nature of the site / number of delegates etc.
Role of the Fire Marshal, (prevention).
- Induction of new staff.
- Fire action procedures / emergency plan, (customer specific).
- Fire Drills.
- Recognising Hazards, (combustion in more detail).
- Fire Extinguishers, (checks).
- Exit routes and signage, (checks).
- Fire alarm / emergency lights, (checks).
- Who is in the building?
- Log Book maintenance.
Role of the Fire Marshal, (emergency).
- Raising the alarm.
- First Actions.
- Sweep Searching.
- Containing Fire, (doors, windows, power etc.).
- Roll Call.
- Reporting to authorities.
The course can be arranged so that staff sit the fire awareness and only the Fire Marshals continue to complete parts 2 & 3.