Fire Awareness Training
As a business you have a responsibility to train your employees in what to do in the event of a fire under the The Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order 2005’
Call Our Team For Expert Advice – 01977 781 791
Complete Fire Solutions Offer a range of Fire Awareness Training Courses that can be tailored to you individual needs. Where these do not exist, suggestions and recommendations can be made and a written procedure put into place as a result of the Fire Awareness Training Course. Our trainer will need your existing procedures minimum of three days prior to the course taking place.
Fire Awreness Training
The Fire Awareness Training Course constitutes Basic Fire Awareness Training which should be completed by all staff and takes approx. 2 hours.
- Fire Safety in the home
- Fire Legislation.
- Fire Action, (general)
- Fire and the Chemistry of Combustion
- Fire Extinguishers and their uses.
- Practical Use of Fire Extinguishers on Live Fires, (if safe to do so).
The Fire Marshal Course will include the content of the Fire Awareness Training Course along with the additional content as listed below and will take anywhere between 3 and 4 hours depending on the complexity & nature of the site / number of delegates etc.
Role of the Fire Marshal, (prevention).
- Induction of new staff.
- Fire action procedures / emergency plan, (customer specific).
- Fire Drills.
- Recognising Hazards, (combustion in more detail).
- Fire Extinguishers, (checks).
- Exit routes and signage, (checks).
- Fire alarm / emergency lights, (checks).
- Who is in the building?
- Log Book maintenance.
Role of the Fire Marshal, (emergency).
- Raising the alarm.
- First Actions.
- Sweep Searching.
- Containing Fire, (doors, windows, power etc.).
- Roll Call.
- Reporting to authorities.
The Fire Awreness Training Course can be arranged so that staff sit part 1 of the Fire Awareness Training Course and only the Fire Marshals continue to complete parts 2 & 3.