Fire Warden Training
As a business you have a responsibility to train your employees in what to do in the event of a fire under the The Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order 2005’
Call Our Team For Expert Advice – 01977 781 791
Complete Fire Solutions Offer a range of Fire Warden Training Courses that can be tailored to you individual needs. Where these do not exist, suggestions and recommendations can be made and a written procedure put into place as a result of the Fire Warden Training Course. Our trainer will need your existing procedures minimum of three days prior to the course taking place.
Fire Safety Training
The Fire Safety Training Course constitutes a Basic Fire Warden Training Course which should be completed by all staff and takes approx. 2 hours.
- Fire Safety in the home
- Fire Legislation.
- Fire Action, (general)
- Fire and the Chemistry of Combustion
- Fire Extinguishers and their uses.
- Practical Use of Fire Extinguishers on Live Fires, (if safe to do so).
Fire Warden Training Course
The Fire Warden Course will include the content of the Basic Fire Safety Training Course along with the additional content as listed below and will take anywhere between 3 and 4 hours depending on the complexity & nature of the site / number of delegates etc.
Role of the Fire Warden, (prevention).
- Induction of new staff.
- Fire action procedures / emergency plan, (customer specific).
- Fire Drills.
- Recognising Hazards, (combustion in more detail).
- Fire Extinguishers, (checks).
- Exit routes and signage, (checks).
- Fire alarm / emergency lights, (checks).
- Who is in the building?
- Log Book maintenance.
Role of the Fire Warden, (emergency).
- Raising the alarm.
- First Actions.
- Sweep Searching.
- Containing Fire, (doors, windows, power etc.).
- Roll Call.
- Reporting to authorities.
The Fire Warden Training Course can be arranged so that staff sit the Basic Fire Safety Training Course and only the Fire Wardens continue to complete parts 2 & 3.